-
Starrest 【跟讀】Because I Could Not Stop For Death
Just for Fun
片段讲解秀
from:《未知》
Because I Could Not Stop For Death
By Emily Dickinson
Because I could not stop for Death,
因我不能停候死神
He kindly stopped for me;
死神好意地停候我
The carriage held but just ourselves
馬車僅乘載祂與我
And Immortality.
外加上永生
We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
馬車緩緩地而行
And I had put away
死神知悉不趕忙
My labor, and my leisure too,
只因祂殷勤好禮
For his civility.
吾將作息置一旁
We passed the school, where children strove 我們經過了學校
At recess, in the ring;
學童下課操場奔
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
我們經過佇立的稻田
We passed the setting sun.
我們經過落日
Or rather, he passed us;
寧說落日經過我們
The dews drew quivering and chill,
露水帶來了寒意
For only gossamer my gown,
只因吾衣服單薄
My tippet only tulle.
圍巾只是柔絲綢
We paused before a house that seemed
我們停於一屋前
A swelling of the ground;
猶如凸起之地面
The roof was scarcely visible,
屋頂幾乎看不見
The cornice in the ground.
隱藏於地下飛檐
Since then ’tis centuries, and yet
自該程後已數百年
Feels shorter than the day
感覺不比當日長久
I first surmised the horses’ heads
當初推測馬車頭
Were toward eternity.
朝永恆方向邁進
跟衣爺讀
致敬死亡
致敬永生
顺便 安利一首歌
谢谢。